Packing can be so stressful! I travel quite a bit, at least five times per year. Back in the days I was a mess, nowadays, I found a system that works perfectly for me.
If I travel by myself for 2 weeks (14 days) or less, I bring only a carry-on… Yes a carry-on! Unless is a trip during the winter that requires bulky sweaters. Believe me It gets easier with practice.
My system requires making a list – that’s a basic rule- to have everything under control! Let me share the ultimate travel check-list I always use, and that will help you to achieve Smart Packing!
- On my back-pack or purse:
- Passport / ID
- Wallet (I always change my regular-large one to a practical one that fits everywhere).
- Boarding pass or digital ticket on your phone
- Cash, credit cards
- Phone and charger
- Ipad-Tablet and charger
- Laptop and charger (If applies)
- Notebook and pen (You’ll always need a pen)
- Headphones (If you have Iphone7, bring one with aux port for the airplane)
- Portable charger and cable
- Camera if applies.
- Flats or socks
- Scarf or jacket
- Eye mask / neck pillow / earplugs
- Aspirins / Vitamins /Anti allergic drugs
- Hand sanitizer
- Paste Sunblock (Even if your moisturizer has SPF)
If you’re traveling with prescription medicine, keep them in their original, labeled containers. Bring copies of your prescriptions and the generic names for the drugs. To avoid problems when passing through customs.
*Snacks and Water
- Protein bars / snacks (Sealed to go through customs)
- Deodorant (Less than 100ml)
- Hair ties / brush
- Roller-ball perfume
- Face wipe
- Toothbrush with mini toothpaste.
2. On my Carry-on:
- Use pouches or packing cubes for everything! Clothes, undies, dirty clothes and accessories. Everything will be soooo organized.
- Roll your clothes. You can fit as much as 20 percent more into your suitcase.
- If I’m traveling for more than 3 days I always take my blower and straightener with me. I found an amazing travel size set that works very well.
- Use travel size products or/and samples. Most of the products has a travel-size option. If you don’t have them buy bottles approved for the TSA (100ml) and filled them with your products.
- Plastic wrap the bottles or use zip locks to prevent leaks.
- Develop a shoe strategy. Reduce the number of shoes you bring along. Pack one pair of flats and one pair of heels for the whole trip…I know your saying NO WAY! But you can do it! Plan your outfits according to it, normally beige or black shoes match with everything. If your bringing sneakers they tend to occupy more space, so wear them.
- Shoes always inside a plastic bag or shoe pouch. You don’t want bacterias all over your things…
- Jewelry is necessary to stay stylish while traveling. Here some hacks: Use pill cases to hold your small jewelry. Use drinking straws to prevent your necklace from getting tangled, and jewelry boxes for long earrings and bracelets.
Remember, to make sure you have everything, a good packing-guide list is indispensable. Find more tips on: http://www.blogbyjoa.com/2017/08/07/back-2-basics/
Share with us what do you never leave home without?